W+M 037: An Interview with Limor Markman
Limor Markman is the woman, the voice, and the star behind Limor.Money. She produces a weekly show called LimorTV offering a feminine financial perspective. In this episode, Limor shares her expertise on buying real estate and homeownership. More specifically, she poses an alternative option which is becoming a real estate investor, or a rental property investor instead of a homeowner. We discuss the importance of having multiple streams of income, how to be financially fabulous and so much more.
Listen to the show:
What we talk about:
- Limor shares her money story and what motivated her to create a YouTube channel educating women about money.
- How she learned about debt from her money experience growing up.
- What she has learned through real estate investing.
- How to break down your savings goals into bite-sized pieces and use that to prioritize spending and saving.
- Biggest Mistake: Losing money in the stock market.
- Limor's advice for young career driven women on money. Hint: building multiple streams of income.
Takeaway: Buying an Investment Property Over a Home
- Why people believe they need to become a homeowner.
- The benefits of buying an investment property instead of a home
- Live in the areas you want to live in by renting.
- Qualify for a mortgage and use a downpayment to buy a rental property on the outskirts of your city.
- Benefit from appreciation and forced savings of paying your mortgage.
- Have flexibility to move wherever you want without having to sell your property under pressure.
- Make extra cashflow on top.
- You don't necessarily have to get into the rental investment property business all by yourself.
- Know your responsibilities as a landlord and select your tenants properly.
- Steps to getting an investment property - Get Limor's Download TEXT: "Real Estate" to the Number: 77982.
- How to know how much you can afford and how much you will need for a down payment.