W+M 033: An Interview with Lauren Greutman
Lauren Greutman is the author of The Recovering Spender. She helps women create financial freedom for their families and themselves by sharing simple, easy ways to take back control of their money, live within their means, and create the simpler, happier life they’ve always dreamed of. In this interview, Lauren shares her compelling story, the mindset behind her debt experience and the first steps to take back control of your financial life and recover from your overspending. For all ya’ll in new engaged, married, or even committed relationships, we also talk about the importance of talking about money early, and how you can go about it.
Listen to the show:
What we talk about:
- Lauren's money story and how her $40,000 of consumer debt accumulated.
- The mindset behind racking up debt and how it impacted her relationship.
- The breaking point when Lauren decided it was time to recover from her spending and get out of debt.
- How to start off on the right foot when it comes to love and money.
- As a younger generation we need to set goals and plan around our goals.
- For every 1 hour of planning, you save yourself 4 hours of execution.
Takeaway: Recovering From Overspending
- Admit that you have a problem and that you need help.
- Admit your spending to somebody else.
- Find one person to hold you accountable for your spending.
- Make your "why" more important than your dirty laundry.
- Learn how Lauren used her website to make money and eventual retire her husband from his corporate job.
Contact Lauren: Instagram (@Lauren_Greutman), Snapchat (@LaurenGreutman)