W+M 009: To Rent or To Buy? with Tess (a soloshow)
Do you ever get frustrated with paying rent? Like, you're paying someone else to live somewhere, but that money could be going to pay down a home, right?
I went through this inner turmoil a couple years ago and decided to buckle down and buy a condo. It seemed like the right move at the time. That next step towards becoming an adult, the American dream, the solution society seems to provide for us, constantly.
But in retrospect, would I recommend this solution to everyone? My answer: It depends. (Of course, isn't that always the answer?) Seriously though, if you're really considering buying a home, a condo, an old barn fixer-upper, I want you to ask yourself the 5 questions I state in this podcast episode.
Listen to the show:
What you'll hear:
- I present the questions to ask yourself before you make this big-time decision.
- Along with the questions, I walk through the answers you might have, and provide some guidance on your buying decisions based on those answers.
- I encourage you to comment here, send me an email, or start a conversation on Twitter or Instagram if you have questions, comments, suggestions.
- Money and what we do with it is extremely personal and the way you rationalize your spending, saving and investing is subjective. That's why I would love to hear from you!
- Reference to this blog post: MONEY IN YOUR 20s: To Rent or To Buy?