W+M 054: A Live Panel from FinCon with Jessica Moorhouse, Jocelyn Pearson, and Natalie Bacon
This is the MOST exciting podcast I have done to date. I got to sit down with three previous Words and Money podcast guests to discuss the taboo topic of money and how we loop it into our relationships. Hear from married and dating millennial women talk about how they have the money conversation with their partners, split bills when they move in together, and combine finances when they finally tie the knot. Plus much much more.
Listen to the show:
What We Talk About:
- My special guests introduce themselves, their blogs, and their relationship status.
- When did you start talking about money with your Sig O?
- What differences do you notice about your partner's money habits compared to yours and how you both grew up?
- Let's talk moving in and splitting bills: How did you start splitting bills when it came to living together? Split 50/50 or do a percentage based on your income?
- When you get married: What are the different ways you can combine your money?
- Pool it all together.
- Keep the money you've saved before and then pool everything you make going forward (once you're married)
- Have your 50/50 or %/% of income pot for shared expenses and your own separate accounts for the what you want individually.
- Mo' Money Podcast - Jessica Moorhouse
- NatalieBacon.com (Previously, TheFinanceGirl) - Natalie Bacon
- The Scholarship System - Jocelyn Paonita
- Episode 11: Why You Need a Wedding Fund with Jessica Moorhouse
- Episode 16: The Deal with Student Loan Debt with Natalie Bacon
- Episode 51: Creating Passive Income Streams with Jocelyn Paonita
- Smart Couples Finish Rich - David Bach