W+M 047: An Interview with Farissa Knox
Farissa Knox is a wife, mother-of-two, and the founder of TWO businesses, RLM Media and WhatRUWearing. She's a badass entrepreneur and truly is growing a business empire. In this episode we talk about making money, running a business, building an empire, and balancing it all. Hear Farissa's biggest money mistake and her definition of rich.
Listen to the show:
What we talk about:
- Why Farissa is grateful for the aging process and how turning 30 changed things for her confidence.
- Farissa's business money mistake - What happened when she didn't do her due diligence to make sure her client could pay the bills.
- The importance of asking questions in both your personal and business finances.
- How Farissa finds affordable fashion pieces.
- Farissa's definition of rich.
Takeaway: How Farissa Built Her Business at 27
- Farissa's founder story: How she got the guts to start her own business and how she got started.
- How Farissa handled money in her business from making it in her business to paying herself.
- Going from an employee mindset to an entrepreneur mindset.
- The difference between being an entrepreneur and working for yourself.
- What it means to "not take a paycheck" from your business yet still afford to live.
- Becoming besties with your business banker.
- Finding a partner/spouse that has the same financial outlook with you.
- What Farissa would do if her business disappeared and all she had was $500 to create a new business.