W+M 030: An Interview with Charisse Conanan Johnson
Charisse Conanan Johnson is the founder of Charisse Says where she writes and creates videos about investing and financial wellness. Charisse graduated from Yale University and worked her way up to Vice President of JP Morgan Investment Management when she got the entrepreneurial spark and attended Chicago Booth. With her passion for investing and entrepreneurship, Charisse is driven to make a difference by speaking to various audiences and sharing her expertise in financial wellness. In this episode, Charisse helps us understand investing and we specifically focus on investing through a Roboadvisor, one of the easiest and stress-free ways to get started in the world of investing.
Listen to the show:
What we talk about:
- Charisse shares her money story and how she got to where she is today.
- How Charisse learned about investing by her mom putting a little bit of money into Dell stock while she was in college.
- Learning Lesson: If you are not invested in the success of the stock (you don't believe in the investment anymore) You can cut your losses and move on.
- How to overcome our fear around money and take action.
Takeaway: Investing with Roboadvisors
- What is a roboadvisor? - Automatic investment allocations and automatic cash investing.
- How roboadvisors are set up and what vehicles they use to invest your money.
- How to pick a roboadvisor:
- Make sure the platform sets up investments based on your goals.
- Make sure you are comfortable and can understand the platform.
- Make sure you can automatically contribute to the platform and make those contributions consistently. (Auto-withdrawal from a checking account is what we're talking about.)
- How to know when you're ready to invest.
- What to do when you start to see your investment account go down - Charisse's 3 Questions to ask yourself.