W+M 024: An Interview with Ashley Feinstein Gerstley
Ashley Feinstein Gerstley is the founder of The Fiscal Femme where she works as a money coach and demystifies the world of personal finance and money for her clients. She offers one-on-one coaching and online courses including, a 30 Day Money Cleanse, a Savvy Investor course and a Tackle Your Debt program. In this episode we dive in to the world of investing. Ashley teaches us how we can start investing now, today. She answers our big questions like is Investing risky? and how is investing like buying shoes? Check it out:
Listen to the Show:
What we talk about:
- Ashley's money journey and how she admits to her mistakes she has made in the past.
- Bi-Weekly Money Meetings (Money Parties)
- How to find someone to get naked with your numbers.
- Ashley's biggest learning lesson: Nobody talks about the losses
- How to have some compassion for ourselves when it comes to our money.
- Quick and Dirty Q&A:
- Be very clear on what's important to you and your values to maximize your happiness per dollar.
- Have more confidence around money and look at it earlier.
Takeaway: Intro to Investing
- Is investing risky?
- Ashley compares choosing an investment to buying shoes.
- To start with investing, think about our goals first.
- What is our risk tolerance? (How much risk we can stomach and handle. Quiz.)
- When do we need the money? (Is this for a short-term or long-term goal?)
- To get started, the first thing you need in order to invest is a brokerage account or roboadvisor account.
- Get Ashley's Savvy Investor Course to learn more! (Use code: wordsandmoney for 15% off!)